Resources for Health & Wellness Entrepreneurs
Wonderful resources for all the AMAZING things you plan to do with your business!
- GoDaddy is a great place for all your domain purchases. Their customer service is amazingly kind 24/7 support!
- For inexpensive hosting, I recommend HostGator.
- If you’re serious about building a business online, you want hosting which includes backups, extra security and super fast loading times. For this, Amanda Cook of Wellpreneur (Another Amazing coach and digital marketing expert!) recommends WP-Engine.
- Studio Press Themes are beautiful, fast WordPress themes built on the Genesis framework. If you like the look of a theme as-is (this is important!), then this is the option for you. Customizing these themes may require coding, so you might have to hire someone to help.
- If you know exactly how you want your site to look, Amanda Cook recommends Headway Themes, which is an easy drag-and-drop WordPress theme.
- Wix allows you to create your own stunning Website. It's Free, Easy to customize. No coding.
- Weebly is another place to create your own website, blog and even an internet store as unique as you are!
Landing Pages / Sales Pages / Opt In Squeeze Pages
- LeadPages. Super simple and professional looking landing pages. Plus, the Lead Pages team does lots of analysis and split-testing for the best performing pages, so you don’t have to.
- Picasa is a free photo editing and photo management software from Google. You can use this program to edit photos and even create cool text-on-image graphics for your websites.
- Canva is my new favorite for creating great-looking blog and social media graphics, no skills required!
- PicMonkey is the most popular with many health coaches. Easy to learn and easy to use! You can edit just one picture or make beautiful collages, adds, facebook timeline photos and more.
- Mail Chimp is what I use to manage all my email sendouts, create opt-in sign-ups, and my newsletters. This is great when you are just starting out and it has a free program up to 2000 subscribers!
- Aweber is another email management tool. Amanda Cook says this is the one she prefers. She says, "I've tried others, but none have the performance or functionality of Aweber. Your email list is such an important asset, don’t take chances with it!"
- Are you tired of keeping up with all your passwords? Last pass and 1PassWord are two programs that can securely store your passwords for all your programs email addresses so that you don't have to remember them all!
- Need help creating forms for you emails, blogs and website communication with your clients. Formstack can help you create just about anything you need.
- 14 Tried and True Ways to Increase Your Facebook Fan Page Part I - Social Media Business Tips by Dennisse Lisseth
- 14 Tried and True Ways to Increase Your Facebook Fan Page Part II - Social Media Business Tips by Dennisse Lisseth
- Buffer is a new service If you're trying to keep a list of interesting articles and ‘drip’ them out to your social media accounts over time. (You know the situation, you are in web-surfing mode and find 5 articles you want to share, but don’t want to tweet them all at once! Buffer solves this problem.)
- HootSuite is an easy way to stay on top of multiple social media accounts from a central location. Don't worry about logging into Facebook several times with different accounts – just log into your Hootsuite dashboard, update everything, schedule your posts in your calendar and hoot suite does the rest for you!
- PowerPoint - Most well known for helping you create presentations.
- More than Powerpoint – Prezi is awesome for dynamic, interesting, visually beautiful presentations!
Meetings Webinars and Podcasts
- WebinarJam is MY FAVORITE! It is the worlds most reliable webinar platform that is a fantastic service which will really enhance your business! With this service you get a lot for your money with unlimited webinars, unlimited attendees, free webinar hosting, lots of extra features, free updates for life, and unlimited support with a 30 day money back gaurantee. You can't beat this service if you plan to grow your business through holding on line webinars!
- Join.me is a great free program for training your clients or teams. With this program you are able to see each others computer screens or hold a webinar presentation. You can also use this program to hold company meetings.
- ClickMeeting will allow you to hold webinars and podcasts. You can upload pdf's, utube vidoes and more while hosting the webinar or podcast.
- How to run an effective on-line meeting.
Getting "Out There"
- Meetup.com is a gret way to share with your community what you have going on. Schedule an event, webinar, seminar, whole foods cooking class, yoga class or nature hike... the sky's the limit! Once you're set up on Meetup, and you have published your profile and event, people in YOUR community can join your event and even pay dues (If their is a cost to your event) right on the meetup page or you can send them to a link to your website so they can find out more about you and pay through paypal. For an example of how this works, you can view my Meetup page here.
- Wellness Circle Great place to create a profile on-line to connect with other professionals. I have had many people "find" me from my profile on this site. You can join for free for several months!
- With Live Person a World of Experts people can call in or email and get advice from you for a per min. fee. you can answer questions posed to the forum also which will showcase your knowledge in certain subjects.
- Other websites where you can showcase your professional profile are:
- All Therapist (Find and Rate therapists),
- SaneBox use with your Gmail account to filter out the non-important emails so I can focus on just the most important items! Really, I can’t imagine using email without SaneBox anymore. All of my emails are still there – just prioritized to show me what I need to see first. So useful!
- 100 Email Tricks.
- Boomerang use to send emails later (for example, in an hour or the next day), and also to email me reminders and follow-ups for previous emails. Amanda's favorite feature is ‘boomerang this if no reply in 2 days’… set that feature on an email, and you’ll get a reminder in 2 days if the person hasn’t replied to you. Also so useful!
Blogging & Writing TIPS Etc.
- Writing and blogging can be a great way to get your name out allowing your niche market to know who you are and what you do! Ezine Articles and Blogelina are two resources that I really love!
- Writing for magazines is another great way to showcase your expertise. Here are some wonderful magazines to consider: Health Coach Weekly
- Have you been wanting to learn to blog or in need of blogging tips? Learn to Blog is a great resource for training and more blogging resources!
- FREE Blogging Set up Service!
- Learn To Blog Membership trial for only $5! This is a great monthly service with all kinds of incredible tips to get you on your way to creating great content to monetizing your blog!
- Sending contracts and documents for clients to sign on line becomes easy and efficient with hello fax or docusign.
Keeping Track of Everything
- You’re probably familiar with Dropbox already, but I use it to share files between my different devices (laptop, tablet, mobile phone…). I also use it to share large files with clients.
- You know how they say you should have one central to-do list? Evernote and Remember the Milk are great helpers! Web links, articles, emails, note-taking, travel plans … anything I need to remember goes into Evernote, and I know exactly where to find it. It also syncs across devices which is great.
- I recommend quickbooks.com for simple online accounting software + an accountant you can call at any time with questions!
- My favorite scheduler is ViCita. This program can interact with your website, send invoices, allow your clients to pay ahead of their appointment, send reminders, create your offerings, schedule your appointments, integrate with your website, facebook, or your blog and more!
- Scheduling appointments can get complicated. Simplify your business... Just send your clients a link to Schedule Once, and they can book an appointment with you online. Syncs with google calendar, amongst others.
My Favorite Programs
- You don’t need to write your own detox programs – check out the Done for You detoxes from Rachel’s Wellness, which you can customize with your own branding!
- Take a sneak peak at Michelle Marie's Rockin' Videos and workshops! It is totally evident that Michelle puts her heart and soul into every program she creates!
- Jamie Jones's Done-For-You Products for your Health Coaching Business are packed full of great information and LOTS of LOVE!
- Bette Shaw is The Coaches Coach, check out her page for inspiring videos and amazing programs.
- To see more of the programs I love visit my product and affiliate page here.
- Last but not least, My own special offers for coaches you can find them here and here. Log in here for special group buys just for Coaches!
Virtual Client Meetings
- Skype is an affordable way to work with clients worldwide on video or voice calls. You can also use Skype as an office number with voicemail, and you can purchase several local numbers in different countries, so your clients always have a local number to reach you on. Brilliant!
- Facetime allows you to have a virtual meeting with your clients anywhere! You can make video calls over Wi-Fi from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac to someone else’s. You can even make FaceTime calls over cellular networks on iPhone or iPad.* And be there in person, even when you’re not. I used this program during my training at IIN for my health coaching sessions, it worked wonderully! I like it better than skype, because with your iPad or iPhone, you do not need to have a headset!
- Go To Meeting - Free video conferencing with up to three people. No sign-up, no download.
- Free Conference Calling- This conference call service is free to use & easy for all.
- ConferenceCalling- One click access. No need to worry about conference codes and dial-in numbers. Quickly gain access to your call with one simple click.
- Free Teleconference services- Free, unlimited teleconference services available 24-hours a day for up to 50 parties on each call. There are no restrictions on call length.
- Discounts on health related products. Use this code: http://goo.gl/qnyOJV
Health Coach Training
And finally, here is where I trained to be a holistic health coach. Please contact me if you have any questions about the program.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you, and I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. I recommend these companies because I believe they have great products that will be beneficial to you. Please only purchase these products if you feel the same way.